It’s been just a week since the initial launch of Tavrn Tap and we’ve been really busy testing, fixing, and working on improvements for Tap.
- The Guild Directory
- Started work on Desktop Notifications
- Mute a user
- Broadcast message to Tavrn
- New Composer Design
- Guild channel user list adjustment
- Servers are now called guilds
- Likes are now called Cheers
- Tavrn replies now show who and what you’re replying to
- Load more button
- Tavrn posts with reposts and cheers no longer look like you already reposted/cheered them (they were lighting up prematurely)
- Clicking on cheer no longer reposts the post (as well as also not cheering the post)
- You can actually remove the playing/listening to status now
- Leaving a guild should work now
- Joining a guild shouldn’t delete your Guild and Views navbar anymore
- Backend fixes and scaling improvements. Tap should load faster now too as a result
- Addressed a bug that would cause Tap not to load at all
- Links to posts and in posts now open to a new tab
We added a Follow button to Tavrn posts for quick following of users
For more information on these changes as well as visual examples, read on ahead
The last 4 months have been very busy and productive, for us here at Sapphire, and we couldn’t have done it without your support. Your donations make everything we do here at Sapphire possible and we would just like to thank everyone that helps contribute. Whether it’s funding us, trying out our software and services, watching a vodcast, providing feedback, or helping get people to use our products and services.
Around March 1st, we recently surpassed 6,000 Sapphire accounts, with our average daily sign up rate doubling last year’s average. We even saw that since March 1st, we have had 200 accounts that did not have GitGud.io accounts, which shows that many are interested in Tavrn and/or GitGud.TV and that user interest is increasing as we are developing these.
It’s been a while. So much happened in April, I broke the post into 3 different posts and then just was too overwhelmed to finish them. The summer has brought various fixes to our Accounts SSO (Single Sign On) system. Also a lot of GitGud support issues.
Stuff being discussed in this blog post in order:
- Twitter accounts in jail
- Cloudflare removing us
- Server resource needs
- GitGud sign on issues
- Tavrn.gg testing
- Mixtape’s upcoming update
We’re approaching the end of February, and we’ve been fire fighting all throughout this month. We want to give you all an update on what’s been happening.
Rule of Acquisition #125: You can’t make a deal if you’re dead.
To be a donations based organization. You need to be able to accept donations. So we had to put together a campaign to raise funding.
One of the things that got me interested in Sapphire was Michael’s openness about talking about his infrastructure and how much he was spending to host his services.